Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Find of the Year!

I hinted about it, in my last post and here it is...my find of the year!


After years of hoping I'd find one (cheaply) it finally happened!  An aluminum Christmas tree! A 6-foot Sparkler, in the box!  I bought this at an auction in July.  The heat was stifling and the auction was held in an old farm building...a hen house I think.  Everything was pretty dusty!  Oh, was it worth it!

 I acquired the revolving tree stand 3 years ago in THIS haul.  Making the picture complete...



The color wheel!  I bought the day after Thanksgiving this year off of Craigslist.  It had been listed and relisted because of the damage.  Since it was damaged I was able to negotiate a very nice price.

To top it all off, my family allowed me to decorate with it this year!  No real tree, just my aluminum beauty!  I normally have "my" tree down in the basement.  Well, with Jake off at college we decided to take the simple approach.  I don't know if it will ever happen again, so I am enjoying it!

This is not my entire inventory of vintage ornaments, just some of the better ones.


Kenna's favorite.  An elephant with a rider.  Very interesting.  At least it's pink!

A Shiney Brite, clear with tinsel.

Indents.

Pinecones.


Beautiful flowers.


And a very...

merry...

Christmas!

Thanks for stopping today!

3 comments:

  1. Such a great find! I love the cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you have been holding out on me! I LOVE this! I have ornaments like this too but we put them on a regular tree. And some of mine are exactly like yours...although perhaps a little more "worn"! How lucky for you to score that tree, IN THE BOX! I am passing this on to my sister....she is my bargain hunter, she's going to love this! TFS! I want to come to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought our aluminum tree a few years ago and just love it! We also have a color wheel. I haven't missed having a green tree yet, but can always do that if we want. Love your vintage ornaments too, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete